If you want a delicious, guilt free treat then these brownies are the answer to your all of your questions, the search stops here. They are rich, chocolatey and full of caramely, peanutty goodness… but it gets better….the best thing is they are gluten free, vegan and contain no refined sugar!! They are also super easy to make, so get your chef whites on and let’s get baking!
- 1 1/2 Almond flour
- 1/2 Coconut flour
- 1/2 Cup cacao
- 2 Flax eggs (2 tsp flax seeds & 2 tbsp water, soak for 10 minutes)
- 100g Raw dark chocolate 85% cacao, melted
- 1/2 cup Coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup Almond milk (or any dairy free milk)
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 3/4 cup Agave nectar (we used the darker, richer agave)
- 1/2 cup Nuoi Foods Smooth peanut butter
Salted caramel sauce:
- 1 cup dates
- 3 tbsp water
- 1 can full-fat Coconut milk (400ml)
- 2 vanilla pods or 2 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of sea salt
- Pre heat the oven to 160 degrees fan
- Put all of the dry brownie ingredients into a bowl
- Whisk in the wet ingredients (except the peanut butter) gradually until all combined
- Pour the ingredients into a lined baking tin (around 15cm X 20cm)
- Swirl your Nuoi Foods Smooth peanut butter into the mixture (maybe have a sneaky spoonful yourself, just to refuel and keep you going through this strenuous baking sesh)
- Put the brownies in the oven and bake for 22 minutes.
Now it’s time for the mouthwateringly good salted caramel sauce…
- Put the dates in a saucepan with the waters and bring to the boil, simmer and stir until it has turned into a thick paste
- Mix in the coconut milk, vanilla and salt – stir well until the mixture has combined into a smooth sauce
- Pour the sauce into a bowl and leave to cool. (This will then need to be refridgerated for around 4-5 hours or overnight)
- At this point I would strongly recommend to lick the entire saucepan clean and maybe test a couple of spoonfuls of the salted caramel, THIS SAUCE JUST TASTES SO GOOD.
Once the brownies are finished, leave to cool and then refridgerate for 4-5 hours or overnight.
**4 to 5 hours later**
Now the painstaking wait is over…. IT’S BROWNIE TIME
Take the brownies & the sauce out of the fridge… spread the salted caramel sauce over the brownies, cut in to squares and DIG IN.
I hope you guys enjoy this recipe as much as we did (I may or may not have had these bad boys breakfast…)