We are massive chocolate and nut butter lovers… so any opportunity we get to combine the two together…. we take it! These brownies are so delicious but also contain no refined sugar or dairy – the perfect guilt free treat for anyone.
Although we used wholewheat flour that contains gluten in this recipe, this can easily be substituted for a gluten free flour and they will still turn out amazing!
- 1 tbsp Nuoi Foods Almond butter (plus extra to swirl in the top)
- 1 1/2 cups raw cane sugar
- 1/2 cup (100g) melted organic dark chocolate (85% cacao)
- 2 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Pinch of sea salt
- 2 flax eggs (2 tablespoons ground flax + 6 tablespoons water, mix together, set for 5 minutes)
- 1 1/2 cups wholewheat flour (or a gluten free flour such as almond flour or coconut flour)
- 1/2 cup vegan dark chocolate chips (or just organic dark chocolate chopped)
- 200g pack of Strawberries, sliced
- Pre-heat your oven to 180 degrees fan
- Line a tin with greaseproof paper (around 20 X 20cm)
- Mix together the cane sugar, cacao powder, salt and flour together in a bowl
- Put the chocolate and coconut oil into a glass bowl and heat over a saucepan of boiling water until melted. Then take off heat a leave to cool slightly (for around 2 minutes)
- Add the vanilla to your chocolate mixture.
- Add the melted chocolate mixture, the almond butter and flax eggs to your dry ingredients and whisk together until combined.
- Fold in your chocolate chips and half of your strawberries
- Pour the mixture into your tin
- Swirl a tbsp of Nuoi Foods Almond butter into the top of your mixture
- Place the remaining sliced strawberries on the surface of your brownie mixture
- Bake in the oven for about 30-35 minutes until cooked through.
- Leave to cool for at least 20 minutes before cutting up to serve.
These taste great warm with a spoonful of yoghurt on top! Enjoy!