Banana and peanut butter go together so well that we just had to make up this delicious pancake recipe. The great thing is these are super healthy for you as well, made using Nuoi Foods Smooth Peanut Butter. They only take around 15 minutes to make, so this is a great breakfast to start your day.
- 1 cup gluten free oats
- 1 cup non-dairy milk (we used almond)
- 2 tbsp Nuoi Foods Smooth Peanut Butter
- 1/4 cup wholewheat flour (gluten free, other flours such as quinoa flour worked great as well)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 medium ripe banana, mashed
- oil for cooking (coconut oil worked great for us)
- 1 Vanilla pod (or 1 tsp vanilla extract)
- We found the the best way to blend this mixture was to put it all in a bowl and mix with a hand blender. However if you don’t have a hand blender you can also use a manual whisk which works just fine.
- Once your mixture is combined, melt some coconut oil in a medium sized frying pan
- Pour your pancake mixture into the pan into a small circle
- Cook on each side for around 1 minute
- Repeat until all your mixture is used up
- Stack up your delicious pancakes and add your toppings (we topped ours with raw chocolate, more peanut butter and banana – it was delicious.)
We hope you love this breakfast as much as we did!