Who knew you could make cookies a healthy snack? These vegan coconut cookies made with Nuoi Foods Superfood Coconut nut butter taste AMAZING. They are super easy to make as well which is a bonus – the perfect snack to get you through the afternoon or a delicious guilt free dessert to enjoy after dinner!
- 1 tbsp Nuoi Foods Superfood Coconut nut butter
- 1 1/2 cups gluten free rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cups coconut flour (other gluten free flours will work too)
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut (coconut flakes/shreds), plus extra for decoration
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 flax eggs (each flax egg is 1 tbsp flax seeds to 5 tbsp water, leave to soak for 5 minutes)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 vanilla bean (or 1 tsp of natural vanilla extract)
- 3/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup Agave nectar (or another sweetener of your choice)
- 6 squares Raw dark chocolate, for decorating
- Pre heat the oven to 200 degrees fan
- Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper
- Mix together the oats, coconut flour, desiccated coconut, baking powder and cinnamon into a bowl
- Then add the remaining ingredients and mix together until combined
- Roll the mixture into small balls (around the size of a golf ball), place on the baking tray and flatten them slightly.
- Place the cookie balls into the oven and bake for around 8-10 minutes
- Leave to cool for at least 10 minutes before decorating
- Melt up your raw chocolate and drizzle it across the top of your cookies
- Then sprinkle the desiccated coconut on top to finish and tuck in….
- They taste pretty amazing paired with Alpro Coconut Ice cream!