These indulgent bars are the perfect guilt free treat for all of your family & friends. And the best bit is they’re raw with no refined sugar, dairy or additives! Made with our Nuoi Foods Peanut butter this is definitely one to try – whether it’s for a dessert at a dinner party or for the lunchbox it’ll be sure to satisfy those sweet cravings.
For the base:
- 1/2 cup flax seeds
- 1 cups oats
- 1 cup Nuoi Foods Smooth peanut butter
- 1/2 cup raw cacao powder
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup coconut nectar (or any other sweetener)
For the caramel filling:
- 2 cups dates
- 1/2 cups boiling water
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 6 tbsp coconut milk
- pinch of salt
- 1 vanilla pod (or 1 tsp vanilla extract or paste)
- 2 tsp coconut nectar (optional)
- 200g Raw dark chocolate (you can make your own with 1 cup cacao butter or coconut oil, 1/2 cup raw cacao powder and 2 tbsp of sweetener)
- Raw vegan white chocolate
- 1 cup peanuts
- For the base, put all of your ingredients into a blender and mix together until smooth.
- Line a baking tin (around 20×20 cm) with grease proof paper
- Pour the base into the tin and press down with the back of a metal tablespoon until it evenly covers the bottom
- Once the base is covered, place it in the fridge to set for around 15-20 minutes whilst you make your filling
- For the caramel filling, put the dates and boiling water into a saucepan and stir it over a medium heat for around 5 minutes. The dates should turn into a thick paste.
- Put your date paste into a blender and add the peanut butter, coconut milk, salt, vanilla and coconut nectar.
- Blend together until smooth
- Pour the peanut caramel mixture onto your base and leave to set in the freezer for around 1 hour
- Once the caramel is set, melt up (or make) your chocolate and pour it over the top
- Decorate the top with peanuts and melted white chocolate
- Leave these to set in the fridge for a couple of hours before serving… that’s the hard part!
- And there you have it, a delicious slice of heaven to enjoy without the guilt!