Are you looking for some melt in your mouth chocolate cupcakes that aren’t loaded with ridiculous amounts of sugar and other nasties? These delicious cupcakes are pure indulgence without the refined sugar, gluten or diary that the usual recipes contain. Made with Nuoi Foods Hazelnut Cacao nut butter, this is a great guilt-free treat for everyone to enjoy!
- 2 tbsp Nuoi Foods Hazelnut Cacao nut butter
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1 cup gluten free flour
- 1 1/4 cups pure maple syrup
- 1 cup coconut oil, melted
- 3 flax eggs (1 tbsp of flax seed to 3 tbsp water for each egg)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup cacao powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup almond milk
- 100g dark chocolate chips
- 1 can Coconut cream
- 200g pure dark chocolate melted
- 50g crushed hazelnuts
- Pre-heat your oven to 180 degrees fan.
- First, you will need to make the chocolate coconut cream topping as this needs to chill in the fridge before the cakes can be decorated.
- Heat up the coconut cream in a saucepan until it is at boiling point, then take it off the heat and add in the chocolate. Stir together until it’s all melted in.
- Transfer the coconut mixture to a bowl and put in the fridge to cool for at least 4 hours (you can also put it in the freezer to speed up the process).
- Now it’s time to create the cakes!
- Whisk together the Hazelnut Cacao butter, maple syrup, coconut oil and vanilla extract until combined.
- Then add your remaining ingredients, except the chocolate chips, and whisk together thoroughly until you have a smooth, chocolatey paste.
- Fold in your chocolate chips (I recommend taste testing a few times, just to double check it’s all ok hehehe).
- Pour your delicious chocolate mixture into your cupcake cases until they are just over half way full
- Bake in the oven for around 15-18 minutes until risen (you can checked they are cooked by putting a skewer through the top of one cake, if it comes out clean, they’re done! If not, put them back in for an extra minute or two.
- Once the coconut cream mixture has cooled into a very thick cream you can then decorate the cupcakes! Pipe or spread the chocolate cream over the cakes and then sprinkle with crushed hazelnuts.
- Don’t they look fabulous? And they taste even better… go on.. have a bite…. Enjoy xxxxxx