We’re embracing Autumn and Winter with these delicious pancakes which have that perfect seasonal taste. This is a fabulous healthy breakfast which is quick and easy to make but it still tastes incredible!
This is for 1 serving, but it can easily be doubled, tripled, quadrupled… you get the idea 😉
For the pancakes:
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 flax egg (1 tbsp flax seed to 3 tbsp water)
- 1 tbsp gluten free wholemeal flour
- 2 tbsp oats
- 2 tbsp Vanilla protein powder (optional)
- 2 tbsp almond milk
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
For the pecan topping:
- 1 tbsp Nuoi foods Pecan Pie nut butter
- A handful of pecans
- 1 apple, chopped
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp coconut nectar (or another natural sweetener syrup)
- Put all of the pancake ingredients in a blender and blitz together until combined.
- Place a frying pan on the hob/stove and spray lightly with oil.
- Pour the pancake mixture into the pan in a small disc size, it should be about half a centimetre thick.
- Cook on each side for around 1 minute on a low heat and repeat until all the mixture is all gone.
- Once your pancakes are all stacked up it’s time to make the delicious pecan apple topping!
- Place the chopped apple, pecans, cinnamon and coconut nectar into the frying pan and fry over a low heat for around 4 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove the topping from the heat and mix in the Nuoi Foods Pecan Pie nut butter until combined.
- Spoon the tasty topping onto your pancakes along with anything else you want to add (we added soy yoghurt, cinnamon and more Pecan Pie nut butter just for good measure). It is now time to enjoy the tastiest pancakes ever…. this is genuinely my (it’s Sophie Nuoi sister writing here btw… hi!) favourite pancake recipe so far, it tastes AMAZING!!!!!!! I hope you love this recipe as much as I do!