As far as stuffed butternut squashes go…. I think this recipe is one to put in your favourites. This simple, tasty dinner is the perfect autumn recipe that everyone will love, made with Nuoi Foods Chilli Peanut butter.
For the mixture:
- 1 Butternut squash
- 8 Mushrooms
- 1 red pepper
- 1 green pepper
- 2 handfuls of spinach
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 can chickpeas
- 1 red onion
- 6 baby corns
- 1 handful crushed up peanuts
To spice up your life:
- 3 or 4 tbsp Nuoi Foods Chilli Peanut butter
- 3 tsp hot curry powder
- 1 tsp lemongrass puree
- 1 tsp cumin
- 4 tsp paprika
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- Pre heat the oven to 200 degrees.
- Prep your squash first by cutting it in half and scooping out the seeds.
- Brush it in olive oil and put it in the oven top-side up to bake for around 45 minutes.
- Chop up your mushrooms, peppers, garlic, onion and baby corn and put it all in a large frying pan or wok.
- Add some oil and fry the veggies for around 10 minutes on a medium heat, then add the chickpeas and spinach and fry for another 2-3 minutes.
- Mix up your spices with your Nuoi Foods Chilli Peanut butter in a separate bowl and then add it to the frying pan mixture. You can then remove this from the heat.
- Take your squashes out of the oven and scoop out the middle. Mix the scooped out butternut squash into your chickpea and mushroom mixture.
- Then spoon the chickpea and mushroom mixture back into the squashes and sprinkle the tops with crushed peanuts.
- Bake this for a further 15-20 minutes.
- Remove them from the oven and enjoy your seriously delicious dinner! We served ours with a side salad.