We are celebrating National Baking Week with this delicious Banana bread with a twist!
Unlike your usual banana bread, this has over half the amount of sugar, it’s gluten free and vegan too! But it tastes just as good (or even better)! This is perfect as a lunch box snack, a guilt free treat, or even for breakfast!
It’s really easy to make and we hope you love this recipe as much as we did!
- 1 1/2 cups (210g) gluten free self raising flour
- 1/3 cup (80ml) melted coconut oil
- 3 large ripe bananas
- 2 tsp Nuoi Foods Pecan Pie nut butter (plus a little extra to drizzle on top)
- 7 tbsp dark agave nectar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp bicarbonate soda
- 2 tbsp flaxseed
- 2 cups (around 200g) pecans
- 100g vegan natural dark chocolate, chopped in small chunks
- 1/2 (125ml) cup almond milk
- Pre heat the oven to 180 degrees fan
- Line a loaf tin with grease proof paper
- Mash your bananas up in a bowl
- Mix in your Nuoi Foods Pecan Pie nut butter, cinnamon, vanilla extract, flaxseed, coconut oil, agave nectar, oats and almond milk.
- Then sieve in the flour, bicarbonate soda, and baking powder
- Fold the flour in carefully until it is all combined
- Set aside a handful of pecans to place on the top of the mixture, then fold in the remaining pecans and dark chocolate
- Pour the delicious mixture into the loaf tin (it wouldn’t hurt to taste test, just in case 😉)
- Place your handful of pecans carefully on top of the mixture
- Bake in the oven for around 45 – 50 minutes, test with a skewer in the top, if it comes out clean then it’s done!
- Remove from the oven and let it cool for at least 20 minutes before serving.
- Try not to eat all in one go…. we ate ours with some Alpro plain yoghurt and a little extra melted chocolate, delicious!!