If you’re as busy as me and Lauren in the mornings, you know that sometimes fitting in breakfast can be a struggle when you’re rushing around. But despite this we will never miss it. I don’t know if you’ve seen our @nuoifoods Instagram page… but we are definitely breakfast obsessed as well as nut butter obsessed!
These quick and easy oat cakes are great to whip up in the mornings and they taste amazing! What makes these delightful bites even better is that they are dairy free, gluten free and free from refined sugar. We think it’s very important to start the day with a wholesome, healthy breakfast rather than settling for a sugar rush that will leave us sad and hungry just a half hour later.
You can easily freeze these cakes as they only take about 1 minute in the microwave to be reheated, so you can have this delicious, quick breakfast all week!
So here it is, this great little recipe will make around 8 oat cakes.
- 2 cups (280g) gluten free oats
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 1/2 cups (150g) almond flour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp agave nectar
- chocolate chips
- peanut butter
- Lots of Nuoi Foods nut butter of course 😉 We went for Hazelnut Cacao, Pecan Pie and Superfood Coconut.
- goji berries
- desiccated coconut
- pecan nuts
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees fan.
- Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Mash up your bananas in a mixing bowl with a masher or a fork.
- Add in the oats, almond flour, vanilla extract and agave nectar. Stir with a wooden spoon until you have a thick batter.
- If you’ve decided on any optional extras, stir those into your delicious mixture.
- Spoon the mixture onto the baking tray in golfball sized discs.
- Bake in the oven for around 10-15 minutes until golden on top. If you’re not sure if they’re done, just lift a cake, they should be golden brown and firm on the underneath when done.
- Leave to cool for about 5 minutes before adding your tasty toppings. Enjoy!