Pancakes are the perfect treat around Christmas time… but what if they didn’t have to be bad for you? These Hazelnut Cocoa banana pancakes are packed full of fibre, protein and goodness… who knew pancakes could be one of your 5 a day too?! These pancakes are sweet with a delicious moist cake-like texture, the perfect quick breakfast. This recipe is also super easy, so you can quickly whip up a batch for your loved ones this Christmas!
Our recipe makes enough for 2 people, but this can easily be doubled, tripled, quadrupled…
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 tbsp gluten free flour
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 tbsp Nuoi Foods Hazelnut Cocoa nut butter
- 1 tbsp ground flax seeds
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- lots of Nuoi Foods Hazelnut Cocoa nut butter
- chocolate hazelnut energy ball
- melted dark chocolate
- the possibilities are endless…
- Put all of your ingredients into a blender and whiz it up (told you it was nice and simple…). Alternatively, if you don’t have a blender or electric whisk, just mash up the bananas in a bowl and manually whisk in the rest of the ingredients!
- Heat some oil in a medium sized frying pan on a low heat
- Pour the mixture into the pan to the size of a small disc
- Cook on each side for around 1 minute
- Repeat until the mixture is all gone
- Stack up your pancakes, add your toppings and delve in!