This protein granola is a seriously delicious treat for breakfast! It tastes just like chocolate brownie, with a delectable crunch, but the great thing is it’s healthy too! Paired with the caramelised banana and extra nut butter, it’s a match made in heaven.
If you make this in bulk, it will be fantastic to enjoy as a quick breakfast throughout the whole week.
For the granola:
- 1 cup oats
- 2 tsp Nuoi Foods Hazelnut Cocoa
- 2 heaped tsp cacao powder
- 3 tbsp agave nectar
- 1 tsp natural vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp protein powder
- 4 tbsp coconut oil, melted
For the caramelised banana:
- 2 bananas
- 1 tbsp agave nectar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp water
- Pre heat the oven to 180 degrees fan.
- Mix together the oats, protein powder and cacao powder in a bowl.
- Then add the Hazelnut Cocoa butter, agave nectar, vanilla extract and coconut oil and mix until combined. The mixture should stick together but also be crumbly
- Spread the mixture out onto a grease-proof lined baking tray and bake in the oven for about 6 minutes until lightly crunchy.
- In a small frying pan over a low heat, mix the agave nectar, water and cinnamon.
- Once the sugar starts to bubble, add your peeled bananas and fry on each side for around 2-3 minutes.
- Place your bananas onto a plate and add your toppings!
- We had Alpro yoghurt, Nuoi Foods Hazelnut Cacao nut butter and lots of protein brownie granola. We hope you enjoy this recipe, and don’t forget to tag us in your creations!
Lauren & Sophie xxxx