We are self confessed pancakes lovers here at Nuoi Foods so we always enjoy coming up new delicious recipes for these delightful discs! These ones are particularly great as a post workout breakfast or for anyone with a vegan diet looking to get a little extra protein in there! These are a chocoholics dream and we are obsessed with them!!
Makes around 8 pancakes.
- 1/2 cup gluten free plain flour
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1 tbsp protein powder (we used pea protein)
- 1 banana, mashed
- 1 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 tbsp Nuoi Foods Hazelnut Cocoa butter
- 1 tsp natural vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup almond milk (or any other non dairy milk)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup (optional, if you’d prefer slightly sweeter pancakes)
- Put all of the ingredients into a blender and blitz together until you have a thick batter
- Heat some oil in a frying pan and then turn down to a medium heat
- Spoon a tbsp of the batter into the pan and flatten to a round disc shape. Cook on each side for around 1 minute until golden
- Repeat until all the batter is used
- Stack up your delicious chocolate pancakes
- Add the toppings, we completed our breakfast with extra Nuoi Foods nut butter, soy yoghurt and strawberries!
Sophie & Lauren xxx